I love turning yams, bell peppers, carrots, and other willing veggies into spiralized goodness. It’s just so fun and you can be uber creative.
SWEET RAW YAM NOODLES WITH MUSHROOMS AND SESAME SEEDS
- 4 mushrooms
- 1 teaspoons sesame oil (optional but recommended)
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon agave/maple syrup/raw honey
- 1 tablespoon miso
- 1 tablespoons hummus (not raw, too bad)
- 1 peeled garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 3-5 tablespoons water, as needed
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 peeled yam
- Slice them really thin then rub in the oil and tamari.
- Put them in a warm spot (I put them in my oven at its lowest temperature) and forget about them for a minute.
- Blend all ingredients except sesame seeds together until smooth.
- Add whatever else you want.
- Then toss in the sesame seeds by hand. Set aside.
- Put the yam through your spiral slicer (spirooli) or slice on a mandolin
- Then cover them with the sauce and them get to know each other for a few minutes.
- The noodles will soften and pick up more flavour.
- Now remember your marinating fungi friends being warmed somewhere?
- Add those on top, and sprinkle on some more sesame seeds and raisins. Yum. Yams, man.
By: Emily von Euw