We all know the kinds of people who make each day a chore that must be endured. Whether out of laziness or indifference, they go through life passively accepting whatever lies before them. They make no effort to change or grow. For them, the act of living itself is challenge enough, and it seems to have conquered them.
That is a perfect example of the wrong kind of living. Do not view life as a challenge. It is a gift, more precious than any you could purchase in a store or online. Life simply gives us back what we project out into it. It is the natural law of attraction.
Do your best to really live each day. Take the time to smell the flowers on your way to work. Appreciate the sights, smells, and tastes of your surroundings. Indulge your curiosity. If there is a store you’ve always passed by and been curious about, take a few minutes to stop inside. If there are organizations or teams within your community that you’ve wanted to join, do it! There is no time better than the present.
Reach out to others. Make new friends and deepen the relationships that you already have. If there is a cute neighbor whom you’ve always wanted to get to know, invite him or her over! Or even host a neighborhood block party. It is far too common now for people to not know or care about their neighbors. Yet widening your circle of friends and acquaintances can never be a bad thing.
Make sure to save time and energy to do the things that really matter to you. Try to balance your work and personal life. Don’t focus so much on the future, and make sure to be enjoying each moment now in the present.
If you have a family, save time each day to spend with your partner and children. It is true, they really do grow up faster than you’d think possible. Your work will keep, but your children are constantly changing and growing. Be the person who they look up to and want to emulate. As much as possible, try to maintain an open and nonjudgmental line of communication. As your children get older they will experience situations of which they are unsure and want advice. Be the person they want to come to.
Although it is important to make allowances for the future and have financial contingency plans in place, don’t let yourself put off your hopes and ambitions on to some future date. The time to realize your dreams is now!
Choose to make something of your life. The “what” and “the how” do not matter, as long as it makes you happy. Even if your desires are unconventional, go for them! Other people’s opinions do not matter. If you spend your life caring too much about what other people think, you will sacrifice your happiness to social pressure. Have the courage and faith to make the leap, and pursue your dreams.
- “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” George Bernard Shaw
- “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones that you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” Mark Twain
- “Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you plant.” Robert Louis Stevenson
- “We don’t see things the way they are. We see them the way we are.” The Talmud
- “I have found that if you love life, life will love you back.” Arthur Rubinstein
- “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” Lao Tzu
- “Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive.” Howard Thurman
- “There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” Albert Einstein
Trust us on this, when you make the most of life, life will make the most of you. Life gives you back what you send out into it. So get out there and start living!
Thank you for reading!
This article is compliments of Dherbs.com