Exfoliating is not at the top of everyone’s list when it comes to caring for the skin. You may rinse your face with some water or soap it up in the shower and call it a day. When you exfoliate your skin, you actively work to hydrate and tone your skin. Some of our favorite things about exfoliating include reducing acne and breakouts and getting rid of wrinkles.
When you apply sugar scrubs to your skin, the sugar actually helps remove dead skin cells that accumulate on the skin every single day. As you massage the scrub on your skin, it actually helps increase circulation, which ultimately assists with collagen production and skin cell regeneration. This can help inhibit the development of wrinkles or other signs of aging.
Green tea is full of antioxidants that work to reactivate cells and repair damaged skin. Some people like to make toners or lotions with green tea because of the natural healing properties. This recipe uses the green tea leaves to scrub unwanted pollutants from the skin.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
This oil is not just for cooking and salad dressings. Interestingly enough, extra virgin olive oil actually works to remove unwanted oils from the skin. It has beneficial antioxidants that work to slow the signs of aging.
Ingredients For Scrub:
- 1 tablespoon dried green tea leaves (can be taken from 2-4 tea bags)
- 1 cup organic brown sugar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- Mix all of the ingredients in a medium bowl. Scoop this mixture into an airtight container and then store it in a cool dry place.
- When you want to use this exfoliator, apply about 1 tablespoon to your hands and massage it onto the face/body for 30 seconds. Rinse this from your skin with warm water and pat dry.