When viruses are circulating, the last thing you want is an unclean living space. Whether a virus is spreading through the office or your child brings home some bacteria from school, it is imperative to disinfect your home in an attempt to avoid getting sick. Since a lot of people are not fond of chemicals in commercial cleaning products, we are going to teach you how to make an easy disinfecting lemon spray.
Most commercial disinfecting cleaners contain harmful chemicals, and constantly inhaling their scents has been associated with eye irritation, congestion, asthma, and hormonal imbalance. Some people don’t even realize what they are spraying in their homes! A natural disinfectant, however, is a different story. Not only do the ingredients in this natural disinfectant work to kill germs, but they also are not harmful to your body when you inhale them.
Why Use Vinegar?
Distilled white vinegar is an amazing solution that people should keep in their homes. It is a great cleaner on its own, but we are enhancing its the cleaning power by adding fresh citrus peels to create the ultimate disinfectant spray. People who are sensitive to the smell of vinegar will appreciate this because the citrus scent takes over. Together, the vinegar and citrus peels combine their antibacterial properties to help keep germs out of your house.
- Enough lemon peels to fill up a quart-size mason jar
- Enough distilled white vinegar to fill that mason jar
- A spray bottle
- Fill a quart-size mason jar with lemon peels.
- Fill the jar almost to the brim with distilled white vinegar. Seal the jar and allow it to sit for about one day in a cool dry place.
- Strain the vinegar through fine mesh strainer into another jar or bowl.
- Pour the strained vinegar into a spray bottle, screw the top on, and spray away and start cleaning!