Mason jars salads are not only convenient, space-efficient ways to have prepped meals, but they are also super cool and trendy. The concept behind the mason jar salad is to place the entire contents of the salad (including the dressing) in the jar without having to worry about everything getting soggy or wilted. You can use large or small mason jars depending on the size of the salad you want to consume.
When it comes to cleansing, it is important to learn what flavors work together. Mangos and avocados taste good with arugula and cucumbers, while apples and raw almond butter are a match made in flavor heaven. We know that it can be difficult to leave old flavors and foods behind, but it is important to experiment with new foods to see what food possibilities are out there.
When it comes to meal prepping salads, it can be difficult because you usually have to pack the dressing in a separate container or bring it with you in a jar. This isn’t the case with mason jar salads because everything is ready to go in one jar. While we are only detailing one recipe in this article, you can use other salad recipes in the Full Body Cleanse Approved recipe section to diversify your flavors for the week. Not only that, this style of meal prep is something you’ll have with you for life after cleansing. Living a healthier life is all about knowing your flavor combinations and adopting methods and tricks that make it easy to live healthily.
Important Structure of Mason Jar Salads
Yes, there is a specific order you need to follow in order to keep your salads as fresh as possible, especially if you are prepping them for the week. A little tip is to use a wide mouth mason jar to make your life easy. First off, the dressing always goes in first so that it can rest at the bottom. Then you can add ingredients like apples, radishes, celery, or nuts. Finally, the dry ingredients like greens, cucumbers, tomatoes, or carrots go on top.
Ingredients For 1 Mason Jar Salad
For the Salad:
- 3 c mixed greens, rinsed
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 radish, thinly sliced
- ¼ c green apple, thinly sliced
- 1/3 c raw walnuts
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 c raw almond butter
- 1/4 c freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 minced fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 chili flakes
- 1 liquid aminos
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 c water
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a blender and blend until you get a smooth consistency. Set aside.
- After prepping everything for the salad, pour 2 tablespoons of the dressing in the bottom of a wide mouth 16oz. mason jar.
- Working from the bottom up, layer the apples, radishes, celery, and then the walnuts. Pack the greens on top and seal the jar. This salad will keep for 3-4 days in the fridge.
- When you are ready to eat, pour the salad into a bowl and mix it all up. If you want to shake it up in the jar, add one tablespoon of warm water to help loosen up the dressing. Enjoy!