The herpes simplex virus (HSV) is one of the most common sexually transmitted infections (STI). Unlike other forms of herpes such as chickenpox that stay in the body, HSV can be eradicated from your system if the right steps are taken. If you still have sores that result from HSV, these indicate that the virus is still present in your body.
What is HSV?
If you have HSV-1, commonly known as oral herpes, sores usually appear on your lips, chin, gums, inside your cheeks, or the roof of the mouth. HSV-2, genital herpes, commonly results in open sores in the genital region (penis, vagina, buttocks, or anus).
Cold sores or fever blisters are common and are the primary outbreaks of HSV-1. More than 50% of adult Americans are infected with HSV-1, and both HSV-1 and HSV-2 can be transmitted when there is direct contact between the infected area on one person and broken skin or mucus on an uninfected person.
Symptoms of HSV-1 & 2
A person will experience symptoms 2-12 days after being infected with the virus, but most people experience symptoms after 4 days. HSV-1 patients commonly have sores around the mouth, and HSV-2 patients usually experience sores around the genital region. Symptoms include:
- Oral Sores (on the lips, chin, gums, inside of the cheeks, or roof of the mouth)
- Genital Sores (on the penis, vagina, inside the vagina, anus, or buttocks)
- Pain, Burning, or Itching (at the infection site before sores appear)
- Body Aches
- Swollen Lymph Nodes
- Pain When Swallowing
- Painful Throat with Possible Ulcers (rare, but this can affect people in their 20s)
- Problems Urinating
Natural Remedies for HSV
- It’s a good idea to avoid eating the L-arginine amino acid, which can be found in chocolate, peas, or nuts and seeds, as it can promote herpes outbreaks. Switching to a more plant-based diet can also be beneficial to your overall health because you’ll be getting the purest forms of nutrients from fruits and vegetables. By avoiding meat products, dairy products, sugar, salt, alcohol, and tobacco you can help rid your body of the virus.
- Oil of oregano is a great natural remedy to combat HSV. Oil of oregano has a compound called carvacrol, which can help kill the cell membranes that herpes bacteria hide behind. You can take drops of oil of oregano orally, which is the best way because then it enters your central nervous and blood systems.
- You can help remedy your oral sores by using baking soda. Dip a cotton ball in baking soda, dab it on the infected area, and that should help stop itchiness and dry out oozing blisters. To avoid contamination, do not dip the cotton ball back in the baking soda box.
- Herbal teas can help reduce the swelling of open sores. Turmeric, cinnamon, chamomile, ginger, or goldenseal teas have incredible anti-viral and anti-inflammatory benefits that can decrease swelling and help stop the itchiness.
- Consider taking part in our Full Body Cleanse to help naturally rid the body of toxins and waste. You can then follow up the cleanse with the Anti-V Cleanse, which is designed to naturally boost the immune system. You can repeat the Anti-V Cleanse to help lower your viral load.
- Echinacea has powerful anti-viral properties and it is known for boosting the immune system. You can consume Echinacea in the form of herbal capsules, tea, or use its extract to help decrease symptoms of HSV-1 or HSV-2.
Both HSV-1 & 2 can be flushed out of the body if the right steps are taken. Eating antiviral foods like garlic, ginger, Echinacea, turmeric, beets, or lemons can help rid your body of the virus. Cleansing is the most effective remedy because it can completely rid toxins from your major eliminative channels.
For more information about these viruses you can read our condition about HSV-1 & 2.