Your feet can take a beating, but they rarely get the love they deserve. Whether you are standing on them all day in tight shoes or running barefoot on the sand, your feet can always use some extra TLC. That’s why we are excited about this coconut lime foot scrub!
One of the best things about this foot scrub is that it contains lime essential oil, which contains antiseptic, antiviral, antibacterial, disinfectant, and restorative properties. Similar to lemon, lime is filled to the brim with antioxidants! It can help fight off infections (both viral and bacterial), reduce fevers, and even works to stop the pain of toothaches, which can be attributed to the astringent properties.
The Foot Scrub Also Contains…
Being a natural exfoliant, Epsom salt helps to reduce inflammation and scrub away dry skin. It has also been known to relieve sore muscles and help remedy small wounds.
Baking soda works to balance the skin’s pH level and it contains antibacterial properties that help to remove skin-damaging microbes.
This hydrating oil is great for the skin because it contains antimicrobial properties, which help to nourish the skin and establish a youthful glow.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ cup Epsom salt
- 3 drops lime essential oil
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- Melt the coconut oil in a medium glass bowl and then stir in the Epsom salt. If you want the scrub to be more oily, use less Epsom salt.
- Add the lime essential oil, baking soda, and lime zest and mix well. It will be very aromatic and you’ll want to use it right away.
- Pour this into a glass jar and store in a cool, dry place. Massage a small amount on your feet before soaking your feet in hot water.