Hair loss or thinning hair can be attributed to a number of reasons. Poor hair care, using chemical hair products, high stress levels, imbalanced hormones and more can cause hair to thin or lead to balding. Sometimes the problem is age-related, but it truly depends on the individual, their chemical makeup, and how they care for their hair.
Regularly shampooing hair can extract the hair’s surface lipid matter, and it damages the hair’s structure. If your hair has begun to thin, it’s time to incorporate this recipe into your life. The recipe contains two ingredients, and that’s it. The best things in life often contain the fewest ingredients!
Rich in antioxidants, fatty acids, and antibacterial and antifungal properties, coconut oil has been known to improve the look, thickness, and texture of hair. It works to protect the hair from UV damage, protein loss, fungal infections, and it even helps to keep the scalp hydrated. Additionally, coconut oil helps to unclog follicles and stimulate growth. The reason coconut oil is used in this recipe is because it acts as a diluting agent for castor oil.
Castor oil is high in vitamin E, which promotes healthy circulation to the scalp and encourages healthier, shinier hair. The antifungal properties, proteins, and omega-6 and omega-9 fatty acids in castor oil help reduce the risk of dandruff, folliculitis, and scalp infections. The ricinoleic acid works to balance the scalp’s pH and replenish the scalp’s natural oils.
- ½ cup warm castor oil
- ½ cup virgin unfiltered coconut oil
- Combine both oils in a medium bowl and stir well. That’s it! Massage into the scalp as detailed below.
Massage How To
- The reason that you should massage the scalp is to increase circulation to stimulate hair follicles.
- Using a liberal amount of the oil mixture, massage your scalp with medium pressure for about 5 minutes. Leave the mixture in your hair for one hour minutes after the massage.
- Shampoo the oil mixture out with warm water. Do this twice a week to increase hair thickness.