If you don’t know by now, we’re in love with coconut oil. It is a rockstar ingredient, which contains nutrients that benefit the skin, hair, scalp, teeth, gums, and more. This article, however, is focused on why your hair deserves coconut oil. Regardless of what type of hair you have, putting coconut oil in your hair is better than damaging it with the harsh chemicals that are in most commercial hair products.
Reasons To Use Coconut Oil On Your Hair
- Coconut oil has excellent moisturizing properties
- Coconut oil works to stimulate hair growth by nourishing hair follicles
- Coconut oil helps to keep your hair shiny and soft
- Coconut oil helps prevent split ends and breakage
- Coconut oil works to slow down hair loss
- Coconut oil may prevent dandruff or lice
For best results, it is advised to apply the following hair treatments to the scalp and hair. Comb the treatments through your hair and massage them into your scalp for maximum nourishment.
Coconut Aloe Treatment For Hair Growth
Aloe Vera is commonly used in commercial skin and hair care products because of its soothing nature. It also helps to fight dandruff and gives your hair added shine.
- 1 cup fresh Aloe Vera gel
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon plain Greek yogurt
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until well combined.
- Apply the entire mixture to your hair and scalp, combing the mixture through your hair.
- Tie your hair up in a bun and so it can fit under a shower cap. Leave this on for two hours and then rinse with warm water. Use this twice a week.
Coconut Hair Mask For Shiny Hair
Coconut oil and honey join forces to strengthen, moisturize, and add extra shine to your hair. Honey is an amazing conditioner that contributes to more volume and smoothness.
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- ½ tablespoon virgin coconut oil, melted
- Add the two ingredients to a small bowl and mix well.
- Starting from the scalp, apply the mixture all the way to the ends of your hair. Use your fingers to massage the scalp and comb the mixture through your hair to evenly distribute it.
- Put a shower cap on and leave the mixture in for about one hour. Rinse with warm water and shampoo to wash.
Coconut Oil And Lemon Juice For Dandruff
If you have lemons, which you should always keep in your kitchen, dandruff relief may very well be in your sights. Fresh lemon juice helps to hydrate the scalp and balance the scalp’s pH level, helping to ward off dandruff.
- 4 tablespoons virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Whisk the lemon juice and coconut oil in a small bowl.
- Massage this mixture onto the scalp and leave it there for 15 minutes. Rinse with warm water and shampoo.
We hope you enjoy these coconut hair treatments and we want to know how they worked for you. Comment below to share your experience.