In case you haven’t noticed, people are dying from the flu at the moment. Whether it is flu season or not, you need to take action so that you can avoid getting sick. One of the best ways to do this is to make sure that your immune system is functioning optimally. A weakened immune system, or an immune system that doesn’t function the way it should, can make you more prone to viruses, skin problems or stomach pain, and even frequent heartburn.
We want to help keep you healthy, safe, and virus-free, which is why we have put together a few natural remedies that can have a positive impact on your immune system. Some of these things may be different from what you are used to, but they are better than getting sick or taking whatever medications you see in commercials.
The Master Tonic:
This has some incredible healing properties that can help improve circulation, purify your blood, and remedy your lymphatic system. We have to warn you, though, that it is a very potent herbal remedy. Here are a couple things to know before consuming this natural antibiotic.
- Wear rubber gloves and a paper mask when making this Master Tonic because the peppers are quite intense.
- If the flavor of this liquid is too potent, try eating an orange, lemon, or lime slice to help out your taste buds and cool your mouth.
Ingredients for the Master Tonic:
- 1 liter organic apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup garlic, finely diced
- ¼ cup onion, finely diced
- 2 fresh peppers, hottest you can find
- 2 Tbsp. grated horseradish
- 2 Tbsp. turmeric powder
- 5 liter glass mason jar
- Combine all of the ingredients, excluding the vinegar, in a large mixing bowl. Mix it up and then pour the mixture into a mason jar.
- Pour the apple cider vinegar into the mason jar, seal the jar, and shake it up. Store this in a cool, dry place (like a cupboard) for 2 weeks, shaking it up a couple times a day, everyday.
- After two weeks, strain the juice from the jar into another vessel that you can drink from. You can use the remaining mixture to cook with.
Elderberry Syrup To Boost Immunity:
Elderberries are widely known for their ability to boost the immune system and help the body fight off bacteria or viruses. In fact, elderberry is commonly used in the flu vaccine. In addition to providing allergy relief, elderberries can also be used to help lower blood pressure, aid digestion, and even slow cancer cell growth.
Word to the Wise: Few species of elderberry are actually edible, which is why it is important to get elderberries from a credible, licensed store. Don’t go into the woods and pluck whatever resembles an elderberry because it could be deathly poisonous.
What You Need To Make An Elderberry Tincture:
- 2/3 cup dried elderberries
- 5 cups filtered water
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger root
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ½ teaspoon clove powder
- 1 cup organic raw honey
- Combine everything except for the honey in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Once it is boiling, reduce heat to a low simmer for 45 minutes so that the liquid reduces by about half.
- Remove from the heat and carefully mash the berries in the pan. Strain through a mesh strainer into a glass jar.
- Once it is lukewarm, stir in the honey. You can store this airtight glass jar in the fridge and take it daily.
- Children can take ½ teaspoon or 1 teaspoon of the syrup and adults can take ½ tablespoon or 1 tablespoon once a day. If you get hit with the flu, take these respective measurements every 3 hours.
Supercharge Your Immune System With This Drink:
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ cup raw apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup organic raw honey
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups filtered water
- Put the filtered water in a saucepan over medium heat and warm until it is steaming. Remove from the heat and stir in the honey until dissolved.
- Add the turmeric, apple cider vinegar, and cayenne pepper and mix well. Let this cool before pouring into a large glass jar. Cover it and leave it in the fridge to cool overnight.
- Drink one cup of this after your morning glass of water.