A hot shower can wash away the stress and grime of an unpleasant day, but a soak in the tub just feels so much better. Add bubbles into the equation and you have a recipe for pure relaxation. A bubble bath is the perfect tonic to end your day, and they often do wonders for your skin. Now, those who have sensitive skin run the risk of having reactions to chemical soaps. That ends today because of the natural bubble bath recipe in this article.
What’s Wrong With Store Bought Bubble Baths?
Well, if we are comparing bubbles to bubbles, store bought bubble bath solutions get the job done. Unfortunately, these recipes contain sulfates and synthetic fragrances that increase the risk of endocrine system disruption. These ingredients can also lead to reproductive troubles and immunotoxicity.
Do Bubble Baths Have Benefits?
First of all, a bath can be a great relaxing experience, and an excellent form of self-care. Soaking in warm water works to naturally relax muscles and promotes a calmer mind. If you experience stress or muscle fatigue, a bath can be an excellent reset for your system. So do bubbles have benefits? One study surveyed two groups, one of which took bubble baths while the other one took showers. The group that took bubble baths reported more physical and mental benefits. Additional studies found that soaking in hot water water leads to better circulation and vascular function.
Bubble Bath Fact:
The reason that you get bubbles is because two layers of soap molecules surround a thin layer of water molecules. If you want a bath with the most bubbles, add the bubble bath solution directly underneath the running water. The stronger the water pressure, the bigger the bubbles.
You may not have a need for a bubble bath every single day, but a soak once a week or every other week is a great step towards relaxation. Self-care is an integral component to overall wellness, so take the time to soak in a bubble bath. Take your pick of one of the following essential oil combinations and add them to the bubble bath recipe below.
Essential Oil Combos
- 30 drops peppermint essential oil
- 10 drops spearmint essential oil
- 30 drops fir essential oil
- 5 drops vetiver essential oil
- 5 drops cypress essential oil
- 10 drops chamomile essential oil
- 20 drops lavender essential oil
- 10 drops frankincense essential oil
- 15 drops grapefruit essential oil
- 15 drops lime essential oil
- 15 drops eucalyptus essential oils
- 15 drops peppermint essential oil
DIY Bubble Bath
- 2 cups liquid Castile soap
- 1/4 cup vegetable glycerin
- Essential oils of your choice (choose from above blends)
- Pour all of the ingredients into a dispenser bottle in the order that they are listed. Shake well to combine.
- Before each use, make sure to give the bottle a good shake.
- Start with a small amount of the mixture and add more as needed. You don’t want to get too sudsy and have bubbles overflow all over the bathroom.