If you have eczema, you are not alone. Roughly 30 million Americans have eczema and it is mostly manageable, save for a select percentage of cases. It may not be your first or healthiest choice to use a steroid cream or oral medication to manage eczema, so if you decide to go the natural route, the cream in this article may benefit your situation.
The most important aspect of remedying eczema is figuring out what triggers it. Whether you are sensitive to irritants in the environment or react to specific foods, determining the trigger can help you manage the condition. You have to remember that alternative therapies and prescribed medications/creams alike are merely complementary methods to manage eczema, not cures.
Ideas For Controlling Eczema:
- Going dairy-free
- Sleeping in long pants or long-sleeve shirts (to minimize scratching at night)
- Regularly moisturizing the skin
- Taking fewer baths and more showers
- Not using harsh soaps
Ingredients For Cream:
- ½ cup pure shea butter
- ½ cup virgin organic coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon organic raw honey
- 40 drops lavender essential oil
- 5-10 drops tea tree essential oil
- Place a double boiler (a little bit of water in the base) over medium-high heat. Once the water is boiling, melt the shea butter and coconut oil in the upper portion until they are combined.
- Add the honey to the oil mixture and let it melt. Add the essential oils and stir to combine.
- Remove from the heat and allow the mixture to cool until the point when it begins solidifying. The mixture should be thick, but still in liquid form.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and start mixing it with a hand mixer to whip it into a cream. The color should be lighter and quite frothy.
- Transfer this to a large glass jar and store in a cool dry place.
- Use sparingly at first just in case your skin has a negative reaction with the cream. You can apply it once or twice a day to the affected area.