Homemade Face Mask To Help Tighten Your Skin

Homemade Face Mask To Help Tighten Your Skin

If there was a magic pill, lotion, or other miracle solution to make people look 20 years younger, they would opt for it ten times out of nine. As adults enter the back nine of life, the desire to appear younger becomes greater. Diet, lifestyle choices, and skin regimens all influence the health and appearance of the skin. Although there is no magic solution or pill that takes years off your life, there are ingredients that can help naturally tighten the skin.

Why Does Skin Start To Sag?

The firm skin of your youthful years does not accompany you through life, unfortunately. As you age, skin starts to lose its ability to snap back, which ultimately results in saggy or wrinkled skin. Common areas of saggy skin include the jowls, neck, eyelids, forehead, upper arms, stomach, and chin. Skin loses elastin and collagen as it ages. These two proteins, which are manufactured in the dermis, give skin its elasticity and structure. Both elastin and collagen work together to improve skin health, but their levels naturally decline due to environmental pollution, UV exposure, and unhealthy lifestyle factors. The good news is that the following ingredients can help deliver a little more youth to your aging skin. 

Egg Whites:

Both a classic breakfast addition and ingredient in DIY face masks, egg whites are used for scarring, dark spots, dry skin, oily skin, acne, and wrinkles. Egg yolks are rich in lipids, whereas egg whites are mostly water (about 90%). The remaining 10% consists of several proteins, including albumins, globulins, mucoproteins, and ovalbumin. Egg whites boost skin hydration because the proteins act as humectants, which is a hygroscopic substance. They are rich in water loving groups and hydroxyl groups, both of which “grab” onto the skin and hold in moisture. The hydration boost helps your skin appear plump and less wrinkly, giving it a more youthful look.

Lemons:

You don’t necessarily need to consume collagen to boost collagen production. In fact, it’s better to consume vitamin C-rich foods like lemons to achieve that goal. Building healthy collagen can help reduce saggy skin by naturally tightening the skin. Consuming lemon juice and vitamin C foods is beneficial, but you can also apply it topically. For the best results, apply lemon juice to the affected areas and allow it to sit for 10 minutes before rinsing. Combining lemon juice with the other ingredients in this face mask recipe only enhances the positive anti-aging effects

Coconut Oil:

Coconut oil works as an excellent moisturizer for dry skin. It contains vitamin E, which is an antioxidant that works to tighten skin. The medium-chain fatty acids in coconut oil also work to maintain healthy connective tissues, which keep the skin firm and soft. When you have healthy connective tissue, you can experience tighter skin and fewer wrinkles. The skin easily absorbs coconut oil into its deep layers, helping to strengthen muscles and skin cells. 

Homemade Face Mask

Ingredients:

  • 1 egg white
  • 1/2 teaspoon unrefined coconut oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice

Instructions:

  • Crack the egg into a bowl, carefully separating the yolk from the white. You can discard the yolk. 
  • Whisk the egg white until it starts to foam and then add the lemon juice and coconut oil. Make sure everything is well-combined. 
  • It is ready to use. 

How To Use:

  • First, wash your face with lukewarm water and a cleanser. Pat dry with a towel and then apply the mask, using your fingers to massage it into your face in a circular motion.
  • Leave the mask on for 15 minutes before rinsing with lukewarm water. 
  • Pat your face gently to dry. Repeat this procedure two to three times per week for best results. 

Sources:

https://thedermreview.com/egg-white-mask/
https://www.naturallivingideas.com/coconut-oil-face/
https://www.jmnn.org/article.asp?issn=2278-1870;year=2015;volume=4;issue=1;spage=47;epage=53;aulast=Borumand
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3583892/
https://www.aad.org/public/cosmetic/younger-looking/firm-sagging-skin

2021-08-19T16:58:44-07:00

SALES & SPECIALS