Your feet always deserve some love and affection because most of us are on our feet all day. There’s nothing better than the moment when you arrive at your house, sit down, and kick off your shoes to let your feet breathe. Your feet actually have more sweat glands than any other part of the body, which is why they hate being imprisoned in shoes.
If you have a few days off during the holidays, take the time to treat yourself to a relaxing footbath. The best part is that you don’t even have to go to the spa! We have some awesome bath recipes that you can soak your feet in. Soaking your feet can relax foot muscles, hydrate and moisturize dry skin, and provide relief from all of the hours you spend on your feet. Additionally, they can decrease swelling and protect against any fungi.
Essential Oil Herb Soak
Once you put your feet in this soak, you will never want to take them out. The smell alone is intoxicating and it will make your feet feel fresh and clean. You will need:
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root, finely grated
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon Epsom salt
- 10 drops eucalyptus oil
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- extra water
- small ice cubes or crushed ice
- Place the rosemary, sage, and ginger root in the water in a saucepan and bring it to a boil. Once the water is boiling remove the pan from the heat and let it cool for 10 minutes. Strain the water.
- Add the Epsom salts and essential oils and mix well. Pour this mixture into a foot spa or dish that can fit your feet. Top with extra water and ice cubes.
- Soak your feet for about 15 minutes and pat them dry. Treat yourself to this bath once a week.
Stress Relieving Foot Soak
It’s always beneficial to get rid of stress because it can have negative effects on the body. This bath is rich in magnesium, which naturally combats stress hormones. You’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup sea salt
- 1 cup Epsom salt
- 2 cups baking soda
- 10-12 drops your favorite essential oil (peppermint or lavender are great options)
- Combine sea salt, Epsom salt, and baking soda in a large bowl and mix well. As you mix, drop the essential oil in the mixture to make sure it gets thoroughly mixed in.
- Store this in a sealable container and when you’re ready for a soak, pour ¼ cup of this mixture in a foot spa or shallow dish with water as hot as you can stand it.
- Open a magazine or book and soak for 15min to 1 hour.