It seems that the world of DIY natural beauty products is expanding by the day. When you consider all of the skin-healing benefits that natural ingredients have to offer, it makes sense to incorporate them into your beauty routine, especially if your skin is sensitive to the chemicals in commercial beauty products.
When it comes to washing your face, the idea is to cleanse your pores of impurities and built-up bacteria, not to put chemicals on the skin. Most face washes or cleansers contain ingredients that can dry out the pores, making your face more prone to dryness, especially in the colder months. Instead of drying out your skin, hydrate it with the DIY face wash in this article.
Raw Unfiltered Honey:
The first step is to purchase the right honey to benefit the skin, and that is raw unfiltered honey. Working to balance the bacteria on the skin, raw honey is an excellent skin care ingredient for those who struggle with acne. According to several studies, raw honey has exfoliating properties that work to remove dead skin cells and encourage the production of healthier, brighter skin. Honey has also been used as a spot treatment to reduce the appearance of acne scars.
Ylang Ylang Essential Oil:
The antiseptic, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties of ylang ylang essential oil make it an effective ingredient to clear up acne and improve the overall appearance of the skin. It is common to blend this oil into natural body washes to nourish the skin. Some people enjoy ylang ylang because of its ability to increase thickness and luster of hair. It works best when combined with coconut oil for hair health.
People who have been experiencing dry skin will greatly benefit from using lavender in this face wash. Lavender works to balance the skin’s natural moisture barrier, ensuring that is not too oily or dry. Dry skin can produce excess sebum to compensate for the lack of moisture, but this results in clogged pores or acne. Lavender helps to kill bacteria, penetrate the pores, and moisturize the skin.
- 1 cup distilled water
- 2 tablespoons dried lavender
- 1/3 cup castile soap
- 1 tablespoon unrefined coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon raw unfiltered honey
- 15 drops ylang ylang essential oil
- Combine the water and lavender in a small saucepan and bring it to a simmer. Continue a simmer for about 5-10 minutes or until it is reduced to half. Set aside and allow it to cool
- Add the castile soap, coconut oil, and honey to a small glass container.
- Strain the lavender flowers from the water and then add it to the glass container with the other ingredients. Add the essential oil and shake well.
- Store in a cool dry place and shake before use.