People have been removing hair with hot wax for centuries. A lot of people are attracted to waxing because shaving can cause ingrown hairs, razor bumps, or irritated skin; not to mention, shaving is costly and you have to shave frequently to be silky smooth.
Waxing pulls the hair from the roots and, in turn, produces smoother results. When you wax, your skin feels smoother for a lot longer without being itchy, primarily due to the slower regrowth of hair. Additionally, waxing doesn’t discriminate against different hair colors like other hair removal techniques. Waxing removes any shade or consistency from all types of skin.
While the regrowth period varies from person to person, hair usually begins to appear after about a week or more. If you continue to wax, the hair follicles can weaken, making it very difficult for hair to grow back. Sometimes that even causes permanent hair loss.
The only downside is that waxing can be painful. Everyone tolerates pain differently, but there is no denying that waxing hurts. If you want to have the best results, make sure the hair is at least one centimeter in length. Try the wax and let us know if it worked for you in the comments below.
- 2 cups white sugar
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup water
- Add all of the ingredients to a medium saucepan over high heat.
- Once the mixture becomes bubbly, reduce to medium heat and stir constantly. Make sure that you stir because the mixture will harden if you don’t.
- Keep stirring for about five minutes until the mixture is golden brown. Remove the saucepan from the heat and let it cool for five minutes.
- You should have a thick consistency that resembles wax. Allow it to cool for 30 more minutes before transferring it to a bowl.
How To Use:
- Using a wooden spoon or spatula, grab a small amount of the wax from the bowl and roll it between your hands to form a ball.
- Press the ball onto the area you want waxed, and flatten it with the spatula. Alternatively, you can use waxing strips to press the wax onto the skin.
- Take a deep breath, pick up one end of the strip of wax, and yank it in the direction your hair grows. You can actually use this piece of wax a few times before you need to grab another ball of wax.