Some of the best yet most difficult advice is to follow your heart. It’s so simple, yet so profound.
It is heartbreakingly easy to lose sight of long-term dreams and ambitions. As people become older they are burdened with more debts and responsibilities: mortgages must be met, bills must be paid, money must be set-aside for the future. With these immediate financial pressures childhood aspirations can seem foolhardy and unattainable.
Yet to follow your heart means to be true to your inner self. Embrace the occupations and topics that you greatly enjoy and could actually do every day without pay.
For many people stuck in jobs that provide financial security without any mental stimulation, the prospect of leaving their position to search for more fulfilling work seems crazy. Yet imagine feeling untiring satisfaction, passion, ambition, desire, energy, enthusiasm, zest, and creativity to continue doing what makes you happy for the rest of your life. There is no greater satisfaction that being paid to do the work that you love.
Life is bigger than bills. Each day presents new opportunities that can either be acted upon or wasted. The past is a memory and the future is only a vision, but the present is yours to seize and control. As Sufi mystic and poet Rumi said: “This moment is all there is!” and as Osho said: “The present is all you ever have.”
Take a leap of faith. You may not see a net before taking the first step, but it shouldn’t keep someone from embarking on the journey.
Security comes from insecurity; guarantee comes from no guarantee; and true convenience comes from inconvenience. Remove yourself from the illusion of your comfort zone. Become insecure. Lose your guarantees because there are no real guarantees in life. Inconvenience yourself by taking a risk, a chance, perhaps and possibly, the opportunity or risk of a lifetime. Get out of the knowing and get into the mystery, the mystery of life.Buttress faith with wisdom, intelligence, and vision. People who believe in themselves are the kinds of people who follow their dreams and achieve happiness.
Follow your heart and your whole life will be an exploration.
These inspirations can help you stay motivated as you follow your heart:
- It is now time to “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams and live the life that you’ve imagined.” (Thoreau)
- Dream your dreams with OPEN EYES and make them come true! (T.E. Lawrence)
- Fly above the ordinary! Live your life without limits. Let spirit carry you! Anything is possible!
- Don’t be afraid of change! The only impermanence in life is change. If nothing changed there would be no butterflies.
- Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh! Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is. (Mary Ann Radmacker)
- Risk more than others think is safe. Care more than others think is wise. Dream more than others think is practical. Expect more than others think is possible (Cadet maxim)
- Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars!
- Promise yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. Look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true. Think only of the best, work only for the best, and expect only the best. Forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future. Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others. Live in the faith that the whole world is on your side so long as you are true to the best that is in you. (Christian D. Larson)
- Remember, happiness is a journey, not a destination. (Souza)
- Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. (Emerson)
- “The Alchemist” by Paulo Coelho
- “What the Bleep Do We Know?”
- “Music of the Heart”
- “The Secret”
- Abundance and Prosperity Spray
- Abundance Elixir
- Life Purpose Elixir
- Love Spray
- Prosperity Affirmation Candle
- Love Affirmation Candle
Thanks for reading!This article is compliments of www.dherbs.com