Lack of sleep or irregular sleep patterns can make the skin under your eyes look puffy, saggy, or incredibly dark. Sometimes your eyes can look this way even if you are sleeping like a log every night. Things like stress, poor diet, anxiety, and nutritional deficiencies can also contribute to the way your eye area looks. Lucky for you, we found an intensive eye care cream that works wonders.
Store bought eye creams can contain a lot of harmful ingredients that may damage your skin. Additionally, using eye creams, or any skincare products with chemicals, can negatively affect your internal organs. The chemicals are absorbed by your skin and enter your body, which only creates more toxic build-up in various organs and systems. This homemade eye cream contains natural ingredients that work to hydrate your skin and naturally decrease dark circles. Let’s explore two of the awesome ingredients.
Geranium Essential Oil:
Commonly used in aromatherapy, geranium essential oil has been used to promote healthy skin for thousands of years. In more recent years, people have used geranium oil to alleviate anxiety, reduce inflammation, and balance hormones. It contains astringent properties, which help to minimize wrinkles by tightening facial skin. Additionally, geranium oil works to stop bacteria from growing on the skin.
Dark circles under the eyes typically indicate that the skin lacks moisture and is in desperate need of hydration. High quality Shea butter contains essential fatty acids and vitamins that help to brighten the skin under the eyes, resulting in an even tone. Shea butter also contains a large amount of vitamin E, which helps to restore skin elasticity and works to repair any skin damage.
Ingredients For Eye Cream:
- 2 tablespoons Shea butter
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon beeswax
- 5 teaspoons rosehip oil
- 4 drops geranium essential oil
- Place all of the ingredients, except the rosehip and geranium oils, in a heat-safe glass measuring cup.
- Fill a small saucepan with water and place the measuring cup containing the ingredients in the water. Make sure no water gets in the cup.
- Warm this over medium heat for about six minutes, stirring the mixture occasionally until everything is melted.
- Remove from the heat and carefully remove the cup from the water. Let this cool for about five minutes before adding the rosehip and geranium oils. Stir well.
- Transfer this mixture into a glass jar with a lid and use a thumbnail size amount under each eye every night. Store with the lid on the jar in a cool, dry place.