Fall is almost here and that means that cold and flu season is nearly upon us. Roughly 32 million people suffer from sinus infections every year and around $1 billion is annually spent on sinus medications. Whether it is a common cold, allergies, nasal blockages, or immune system dysfunction, there is a method that can help you naturally kill your sinus infection.
Common Symptoms Of Sinus Infection:
- Runny nose
- Facial congestion
Rather than treating your sinus infection with things like antibiotics, steroids, or other sinus medications, try using a few natural remedies to help your condition. One of the most important things you can do to clear your sinuses is to stay hydrated, avoiding sodas, alcohol, or sugary beverages like bottled juices. Hot tea and water are the only beverages that don’t contribute to inflamed airways.
If you have blocked nasal passageways, it can be beneficial to use a steam treatment to break up thick mucus. Since not everyone has access to a steam room, you can do an at-home steam treatment. Boil water and pour it in a bowl. Place a few drops of eucalyptus essential oil in the bowl, place your face over the bowl, and drape a towel over your head and the bowl, inhaling the steam.
Salt Water Rinse:
Some people are more prone to sinus infections than others. For those people, it may be beneficial to get a Neti pot. This helps to clear unwanted mucus from your nasal cavity, providing relief from clogged sinuses.
Natural Sinus Remedy Ingredients:
- ½ cup organic, sugar-free coconut water
- ¼ cup raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of raw honey
- 1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper
- juice of one lemon
Instructions For Sinus Remedy:
- Warm the coconut water in a saucepan, but don’t boil it. Pour it into a large mug and mix it with the apple cider vinegar. Let this mixture cool before adding the honey and cayenne pepper. Stir and add the lemon juice last.
- Drink this concoction on an empty stomach before you eat breakfast and before you go to bed to help kill your sinus infection.