You can lather your skin with scrubs, masks, toners, oils, lotions, and more, but they don’t always make your skin look flawless. Sometimes, you need to take your beauty routine to the next level if you want to rejuvenate the skin. We’re not saying you have to dip your face in the fountain of youth; rather, a simple facial steam is the answer you seek.
What Is Facial Steaming?
Facial steaming is a simple process that works to enhance skin cleansing, promote circulation, release trapped sebum, and increase hydration. Steam opens your pores to soften blackheads and aid the release of acne-causing bacteria that clog pores. By increasing circulation to the face, you can experience an increase in collagen and elastin production. This promotes smoother, firmer, younger-looking skin. It’s also beneficial for people who have sinus problems. There’s really no downside to this practice!
Benefits of Facial Steaming
Reduces Excess Sebum:
Sebum is the natural oil that sebaceous glands produce, and it lubricates the skin and hair. When sebum gets trapped under the skin’s surface, it’s easy for bacteria to multiply and cause blemishes and blackheads. When you open your pores with a facial steam, this trapped sebum can release and you’ll be less prone to blackheads and blemishes.
The warmth of a facial steam is relaxing for both your skin and your mind. Adding different herbs or essential oils to the steam can aid with relaxation. Additionally, many herbs and essential oils assist with skin cleansing and moisturizing. During your facial steam, try your best to focus on your breath. The goal is to take long, slow inhales and exhales, which promotes a stress-relieving benefit.
When you remove impurities or built-up bacteria from your pores, it’s possible to experience much clearer skin. Facial steaming helps to remove bacteria or other grime that can clog pores, leading to blackheads or blemishes. If you find that you suffer from stubborn blackheads, a facial steam is the right treatment for you. The steam helps to soften blackheads, making it easier to remove them. It also aids with the removal of dead skin cells!
Affordable And Easy:
There’s no need to break the bank to improve your facial skin. A facial steam is mostly boiled water, and the rest of the ingredients are up to you. You can open tea bags and empty the contents into the bowl, or you can purchase some trusty essential oils for the job (tea tree and eucalyptus are great). The bottom line is that this is a useful home remedy that can drastically improve the health of your skin.
DIY Facial Steam
- Boiled water
- 1 tablespoon dried elderflower
- 1 tablespoon dried calendula
- 1 tablespoon dried nettles
- 1 tablespoon dried rosehips
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves
- Wash your face with lukewarm water to remove any grime or build-up.
- Pour boiling water into a large, heat-safe bowl and add in all of the herbs.
- Grab a large towel, lean over the bowl, and drape the towel over your head and the bowl, creating a tent.
- Make sure you’re in a comfortable position because you should stay here for 10-15 minutes.
- Once you finish this process, exit the tent and rinse your face with cold water to tighten your pores.
- Pat your face dry and finish with a gentle, natural moisturizer.