We’ve said it once and we’ll say it again, ginger has amazing health benefits and people need it in their diets. After saying that, you shouldn’t be surprised by the fact that ginger can actually help reduce cholesterol levels, lower blood sugar, and help decrease your risk of cancer.
Ginger has classically been used to help remedy stomach pain or digestive issues. If you have motion sickness, seasickness, morning sickness, upset stomach, gas, or diarrhea, ginger is the go-to herbal remedy. Slice some pieces of fresh ginger root, pour 8 ounces of boiling water over them, and drink that tea with a few slices of lemon. Your stomach will feel better in no time.
Some Of Ginger’s Lesser-Known Abilities
Ginger can actually help decrease plasma triglycerides and bad cholesterol levels (LDL). It can also help inhibit cholesterol biosynthesis. Ginger is also beneficial for diabetics because it can naturally increase glucose tolerance and increase insulin production. Some cancer researchers even found that ginger contains a colon cancer-preventing compound. As if that wasn’t enough, ginger can help decrease inflammation in the joints, making this magical root great for people with arthritis.
Regularly consuming ginger can greatly help your body naturally heal. If you want to make a ginger drink that isn’t tea, you can make a healing syrup to help calm your stomach, reduce joint pain, or boost the immune system. It is essentially a homemade ginger ale!
Healing Ginger Drink
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1 cup ginger root, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ½ cup sparkling water
- 7 teaspoons raw honey
- Boil the filtered water in a saucepan and add the ginger. Let the ginger boil in the water for 5 minutes and then remove the pan from the heat. Let steep for 20 minutes.
- Strain the ginger chunks from the water.
- Combine ½ cup of the ginger water with the lime juice, sparkling water, and raw honey. Consume immediately. Store the rest of the ginger water in a glass jar in the fridge. You can make this ginger drink whenever you want.