We are constantly exposed to a plethora of toxins in the modern world. There are pesticides, airborne toxins, processed ingredients, chemicals in personal hygiene products, and many other pollutants in the environment. While the liver and kidneys work to filter these toxins out of the body, they become overworked with the constant onslaught of these varying toxins.
Cleansing the body of toxins should be a normal practice. It is recommended to cleanse between one to four times during the year in order for the body to function at peak efficiency. To aid the body’s natural detoxification pathways, you can take part in different cleansing techniques. For instance, you can use a detoxifying foot bath to draw toxins out of your body.
According to reflexology, the feet are directly linked to different bodily systems and organs. It makes sense, then, that you can eliminate toxins through your feet. If you don’t believe us, try putting onion slices in your socks overnight! If you don’t want to do that, try using the following foot bath to eliminate toxins.
- 1 cup Epsom salt
- 1 cup sea salt
- 2 cups baking soda
- 1 cup raw apple cider vinegar
- essential oils (optional)
- Add one cup or so of boiling water to a quart-size glass jar. Pour the Epsom salt, sea salt, and baking soda in the jar and mix well so that everything dissolves.
- Once everything is dissolved, fill a tub or foot bath with enough warm water to go up to your ankles, and pour the apple cider vinegar in the water. Stir in the salt mixture and add a few drops of your favorite essential oil, if you so desire.
- Soak your feet for about 30 minutes.
This bath is a great way to cleanse the body of impurities and boost magnesium levels. It may also make you feel tired or exhausted, so make sure that you drink a couple cups of filtered water after the bath.