Have you ever come across something so amazing that you couldn’t imagine life without it? That’s how we feel about this moisturizing DIY skin salve recipe! It helps to naturally remedy small scrapes, bug bites, rashes, chapped skin, cracked heels, or it can be used to nourish your hands and feet at night.
For those who have eczema, this DIY salve may be an amazing natural remedy. The health properties have been known to soothe redness and help with dry or cracked skin on the knees, face, hands, or elbows. What is in this homemade salve that makes it so amazing? Let’s explore the a few of the ingredients.
Due to the antimicrobial, antifungal, and antibacterial properties of organic virgin coconut oil, many eczema patients have used it to moisturize damaged skin. The skin can easily absorb this oil, which allows the health properties to act quicker. It is also a great carrier oil for the essential oils used in this salve.
The powerful astringent properties in frankincense oil help to nourish and protect skin cells. The antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties have also been known to help accelerate the healing process of minor wounds, insect bites, or rashes.
Tea Tree Oil:
Skin conditions such as acne, psoriasis, or eczema are extremely common. When the oil glands on your skin are unregulated, the skin’s surface can suffer from accumulated bacteria. Using tea tree oil can help get rid of bacteria, which in turn promotes healthier looking skin.
Helichrysum Essential Oil:
This essential oil has antiallergenic, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and antispasmodic properties. While it has been known to act as an expectorant to help loosen phlegm in the respiratory system, it is also beneficial for clearing up acne, skin irregularities, and scars. Additionally, this oil works to protect the skin against microbial infections by inhibiting microbial growth.
- 2 tablespoons organic beeswax
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon Shea butter
- ¼ cup jojoba oil
- 15 drops frankincense essential oil
- 25 drops lavender essential oil
- 15 drops helichrysum essential oil
- 20 drops tea tree essential oil
- Fill the bottom of a double boiler halfway full of water and bring to a boil. Once it is boiling, reduce to a low simmer.
- Melt the beeswax in the top half. Once it is melted, add the coconut oil, Shea butter, and jojoba oil and stir until everything is melted.
- Remove from the heat and allow the mixture to cool slightly before adding the essential oils in the order that they are listed, stirring after each one is added.
- Pour this mixture into mini mason jars or small glass containers. Let the mixture completely cool in the jars before putting on the lids. Store in a cool dry place.