While people are busy muddling cucumbers in cocktails, you can take advantage of their beauty benefits. Cucumbers belong to the gourd family, which is one of nature’s best sources of anti-inflammatory botanicals for topical use. The amino acids and minerals in cucumbers help to regenerate skin cells, which contributes to tighter, firmer skin. Plus, cucumbers exhibit natural antibacterial and cooling properties that may relieve swelling after topical application.
How do you harness the healing powers of this common fruit? Yes, cucumber is technically a fruit, in case you didn’t know that. One of the easiest ways to reap cucumber’s beauty benefits is by applying them on the skin. Combine cucumbers with other ingredients to help reduce acne, accelerate recovery after sunburn, and even reduce the appearance of wrinkles. Below, you’ll find the best cucumber face mask recipes and how to make them. We hope you find one or more that is just right for your skin type.
De-Puff With Cucumber (Eye)-ce Mask
See what we did there with that title? We had a good time with that. Anyways, one of the best ways to reduce puffy skin, especially under the eyes, is with cucumbers and ice. Cucumber helps reduce swelling, while the ice constricts blood vessels.
- 1 cucumber
- 1 ice cube tray
- Add one cucumber to a blender and blend until smooth. Pour the blended mixture into an ice tray and place in the freezer.
- When needed, pop out a cucumber ice cube and rub the cube in gentle, circular motions on the affected areas.
Glowing Skin Cucumber Tomato Mask
If you want to brighten your skin, use two water-rich ingredients: cucumber and tomato. This mask is great if you have a blotchy or uneven complexion and want to even out skin tone. It may also help reduce the appearance of acne.
- 1/2 tomato
- 1/4 cucumber
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- Are we making gazpacho over here? No, but you do have to add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Once you do that, apply the blended mixture to your face and neck, allowing it to sit for 10 minutes before rinsing with warm water. Follow this with a moisturizer.
- Keep any leftovers in the fridge and use within seven days.
Mashed Cucumber Face Mask
One of the key components of maintaining healthy skin is moisture. When the skin has optimal moisture levels, you reduce the risk of wrinkles forming. Cucumbers are full of moisture, which is why this mashed cucumber mask is so healing.
- 1/4 cucumber
- Add the cucumber to a blender or food processor and blend until slightly chunky. You don’t want a smooth puree. Alternatively, you can mash the cucumber with a fork.
- Wash your face and neck with warm water and an oil-free cleanser to remove any dirt from your pores.
- Apply the cucumber mash to your face and neck and allow it to sit for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and pat your skin dry.
Cucumber And Yogurt Face Mask
Cucumber and yogurt may be the super, skin-enhancing duo that you need to optimize skin health. This mask may help tighten pores, reduce redness or irritation, enhance moisture content in the skin, and decrease swelling or inflammation.
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 tablespoon plain Greek yogurt
- Place the cucumber in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
Transfer the cucumber pulp to a mixing bowl and whisk it with the yogurt. Mix well until evenly incorporated.
- Wash your face and neck with an oil-free cleanser to remove any dirt from your pores.
- Spread the cucumber mixture into an even layer on your face and neck. Allow it to sit on the skin for 15 minutes and then rinse away with warm water and a washcloth.
- Splash cool water on your skin to close your pores and then pat dry with a clean towel.