This water is very easy to make and has some pretty awesome benefits. It is something that you can drink with your healthy meals, which should primarily consist of plant-based foods. Don’t think of this diet and water combination as a health cleanse because it isn’t. This water is designed to help you get rid of bloating or water weight.
This detox water is the Jillian Michaels detox water recipe. It consists of distilled water, fresh cranberry juice, organic dandelion root tea, and fresh lemon juice. Distilled water is beneficial because it helps pull toxins from your body, which will help you lose weight. When you mix the other ingredients with the distilled water, this mixture acts as a diuretic, which helps clean out the digestive system.
While you’re drinking this detox water, it is important to not put toxins back into your system. Eating things like meat, processed foods, junk foods, added sugars, and frozen meals will counteract the positive effects of the detox water. We have many plant-based recipes that you can look to for inspiration.
Here is what you’ll need to make your detox water.
- 60 ounces of distilled water
- 1 Tbsp. of fresh cranberry juice (not the bottled stuff)
- 1 organic dandelion root teabag
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Follow the directions on how to brew the dandelion root tea. Let it cool down to room temperature.
- Mix all of the ingredients in one big pitcher. Drink the entire mixture over the course of one day. Drink it for 7 consecutive days.