Natural skincare is very important to us here at Dherbs. The dangers associated with using beauty and cleansing products, which are full of chemicals, are becoming more and more publicized. This is leading some people to explore the world of natural skincare products, or DIY homemade products.
Learning to make your own beauty products is not very hard to do, especially since a lot of products use similar ingredients. You may find that it is very satisfying and your skin and hair will appreciate the natural care.
A lot of people don’t realize that cleansing the body helps to pull out the toxins, which your body absorbs, from hygiene products. If you plan on taking part in the Full Body Cleanse, for instance, you might want to think about using natural hygiene products during the process, so that you aren’t counteracting what the cleanse is trying to do. Try experimenting with natural products like the one below!
- 3 teaspoons cold-pressed argan oil
- 2 teaspoons castor oil
- 2 teaspoons shea butter
- 1 teaspoon herbal infused olive oil (yarrow for light, rosemary for dark, & calendula for red)*
- ½ teaspoon avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon sweet almond oil
- Place a heat-safe glass boil over a small saucepan of boiling water. Add all of the ingredients to the bowl and stir until they are all melted.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and allow the mixture to cool to room temperature. Funnel them into a bottle with a dropper top.
- When ready to use, work one or two drops at a time into your scalp and ends. Run your fingers through your hair to distribute the oil through the entirety of your hair. Make sure to work it into your scalp too.
* To infuse the olive oil, simply place the herbs in a jar with the oil and let the mixture infuse for a few days.