Lemons are just the best. We already have an article about the many things you can use lemons for, but we decided that this mighty citrus fruit deserved to be featured again. Rich in vitamin C, B-complex vitamins, calcium, magnesium, potassium, and iron, lemons are amazing for fighting free radicals in the body and naturally flushing toxins from the body. They also work to improve skin health and boost the immune system.
In case you only thought lemons were good for cooking or making tea, explore the following remedies to help naturally remedy various conditions or symptoms.
Sore Throat Remedy:
This is probably the most common use for lemons because the antibacterial properties help to combat throat infections. Drink this tea every few hours to help get rid of a sore throat.
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 ounces hot water
- Add all of the ingredients to a mug and mix well. If you need a little sweetener, add some agave or stevia. Drink several times a day.
Lemon For Menstrual Cramps:
Lemons contain a lot of vitamins and minerals that work to naturally alkalize the body. Additionally, they work to keep you properly hydrated. When combined with ginger and consumed, you’ll notice relief from menstrual cramps.
- 2 cups water
- juice from ½ a lemon
- 1-inch piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- Add the water, lemon juice, and grated ginger to a saucepan and bring it to a boil. Once the water is boiling, remove from the heat and let it cool for 20 minutes.
- Mix in 1 tablespoon of honey and drink the mixture. It helps to keep you hydrated and works to calm menstrual cramps.
- 2 teaspoons raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons raw honey
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 8 ounces hot water
- Add the apple cider vinegar, honey, and lemon juice to the cup of hot water. Mix well and then drink slowly. The warmth is beneficial for cleansing your sinuses.
Lemons for Headaches:
Lemons have a powerful effect on headache pain. The properties in lemon work to reduce the intensity of headache pain, so drink the following tea to help.
- 2 cups of water
- 1-inch piece of ginger, sliced
- 1-2 fresh lemon slices
- Add the water, ginger, and lemon slices to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Once the mixture comes to a boil, simmer on low heat for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and let it cool. Strain into a mug so that you don’t drink the lemon and ginger pieces.