Some people worry about the possible side effects of microwave ovens.
These people believe that microwave ovens alter the molecular structure of foods. Normally with natural heat (like with a conventional oven), food cooks from the ‘outside in.’ Heat penetrates to the center of a food, warming the food up from the ‘outside in.’ However, with the microwave oven, food is warmed up from the ‘inside out.’
Today, it does not seem like an exaggeration to say that 86% of American homes have microwave ovens. You really can’t find a home or restaurant without a microwave oven. Although microwave ovens may be convenient, they carry possible risks to your health.
Microwave ovens work by use of electromagnetic energy. According to researchers Anthony Wayne and Lawrence Newall:
“Microwaves are a form of electromagnetic energy, like light waves or radio waves, and occupy a part of the electromagnetic spectrum of power, or energy. Microwaves are very short waves of electromagnetic energy that travel at the speed of light (186,282 miles per second). In our modern technological age, microwaves are used to relay long distance telephone signals, television programs, and computer information across the earth or to a satellite in space. But the microwave is most familiar to us as an energy source for cooking food.”
Microwave ovens are the preferred choice for warming baby’s milk. This is a mistake. According to the Young Families, the Minnesota Extension Service of the University of Minnesota, microwave ovens make the milk deceptively hot, with a buildup of steam, which not only can create changes in the milk, but also leech essential vitamins and possibly burn the baby’s lips, mouth and esophagus. Instead of a microwave oven, it’s recommended to warm a bottle by holding it under hot tap water, or setting it in a bowl of warm water. Test it on your wrist before feeding.
A summary of results of Dr. Lita Lee’s book, Health Effects of Microwave Radiation – Microwave Ovens, shows:
- Microwaving prepared meats sufficiently to insure sanitary ingestion caused formation of d-Nitrosodienthanolamines, a known carcinogen.
- Microwaving milk and cereal grains converted some of their amino acids into carcinogens.
- Thawing frozen fruits converted their glucoside and galactoside containing fractions into carcinogenic substances.
- Extremely short exposure of raw, cooked or frozen vegetables converted their plant alkaloids into carcinogens.
- Carcinogenic free radicals were formed in microwaved plants, especially root vegetables and decreased in nutritional value.
Here is a list of reasons why you might want to consider alternate cooking/heating methods.
Ten Reasons To Throw Out Your Microwave Oven
From the conclusions of the Swiss, Russian and German scientific clinical studies, we can no longer ignore the microwave oven sitting in our kitchens. Based on this research, we will conclude this article with the following:
- Continually eating food processed from a microwave oven causes long term-permanent-brain damage by “shorting out” electrical impulses in the brain [de-polarizing or de-magnetizing the brain tissue].
- The human body cannot metabolize [break down] the unknown by-products created in microwaved food.
- Male and female hormone production is shut down and/or altered by continually eating microwaved foods.
- The effects of microwaved food by-products are residual [long term, permanent] within the human body.
- Minerals, vitamins, and nutrients of all microwaved food is reduced or altered so that the human body gets little or no benefit, or the human body absorbs altered compounds that cannot be broken down.
- The minerals in vegetables are altered into cancerous free radicals when cooked in microwave ovens.
- Microwaved foods cause stomach and intestinal cancerous growths [tumors]. This may explain the rapidly increased rate of colon cancer in America.
- The prolonged eating of microwaved foods causes cancerous cells to increase in human blood.
- Continual ingestion of microwaved food causes immune system deficiencies through lymph gland and blood serum alterations.
- Eating microwaved food causes loss of memory, concentration, emotional instability, and a decrease of intelligence.
A far better and safer alternative to a microwave oven is a small conventional electric oven. They may take longer to cook your food, but you don’t have to worry about all the dangers associated with microwave ovens.
Protecting Yourself from Microwave Ovens
If you MUST use a microwave oven, make sure you (and anyone else, especially children) are standing at least 7 feet away from the oven. Never let a child (or anyone else) look into a microwave oven while it is in use. Consider purchasing a large diode (or a few smaller sized ones) from Ener-G-Polari-T the leader in fighting harmful EMF (electro-magnetic frequencies).
Place large black crystals throughout your home. Black Tourmaline, Jet, Onyx, and Obsidian are especially helpful. Amethyst crystals are also good to counteract radiation emissions. Keep crystals around or near all electrical household appliances (anything with a motor in it), as well as plants.
If you consume microwaved food, eat seaweed daily, too. We recommend:
- Blue-green algae, and