There are serious consequences when you don’t sleep enough. You can experience physical and psychological discomfort, both of which can lead to more serious mental and physical health conditions. Sadly, many people don’t sleep like they should, which is why we took the time to find this all natural sleep tonic.
People all over the world have sleep disorders. Roughly 30% of young adults suffer from mild insomnia and about 10% of them only sleep three nights a week. When people don’t get the sleep that they should, they sometimes resort to unhealthy sleep medication or decide to self-medicate by consuming alcohol or finding other drugs to put them out. This is not a remedy to the problem because the body starts to depend on those substances to fall asleep. Rather than getting caught in that cycle, find your remedy in nature’s deliciousness.
Cinnamon is a spice that makes everything nice. Not only does cinnamon contain antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-microbial properties, it also helps to reduce insulin resistance. Recent studies found that cinnamon negates the negative aspects of sleep deprivation when consumed.
This classic herbal tea is typically drunk when you have a cold. Many health professionals claim that consuming chamomile works to naturally decrease stress levels. The powerful properties also mimic the effects of a common chemical used in sleep medication.
Bananas contain potassium, which is beneficial for lowering blood pressure. Recently, however, a sleep study found that potassium could be beneficial for those with sleep disorders. The findings indicated that potassium helps to improve one’s ability to fall asleep.
- 3 cups filtered water
- 1 organic banana, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons dried, organic chamomile flowers
- 1/8 teaspoon organic, powdered cinnamon
- Combine the water and banana in a saucepan over high heat and bring to a boil. Let it boil for 3 minutes and then remove from the heat.
- Add the chamomile flowers and let them steep for 10 minutes before straining the liquid into a large mug. Sprinkle in the cinnamon and stir well.
- Drink 1-2 cups of this tonic about an hour before going to bed.
Let us know if this tonic works for you.