Candida Albicans or a yeast infection, both digestive and systemic, is a health problem of which answers to its elimination are far and few between. Literally millions of men and women have a potential yeast infection that is causing, directly or indirectly, a significant number of health problems or conditions.
Candida Albicans is a destructive yeast infection that begins in the digestive system and little by little spreads to other parts of the body. Candida is present in all of us not long after birth. Typically, this yeast remain in a healthful balance with the other bacteria and yeasts within the intestinal tract. Under certain conditions, such as excessive stress, lowered immunity or the long-term use of steroids, the candida yeast can multiply, thus disrupting the gastrointestinal “terrain”. Candida overgrowth may also be a consequence of antibiotic treatment, as antibiotics not only kill pathogens but also a large number of those bacteria that are part of a healthy gastrointestinal flora. With the depletion of the beneficial protective flora in the intestinal tract and a weakened immune response, this opportunistic yeast can then spread and multiply beyond the intestinal tract affecting every organ in the body. In babies, an overgrowth of candida appears as diaper rash. It can also be found on the body as jock itch or athlete’s foot. It can appear in the mouth as thrush or in the vaginal tract, known by many women as a yeast infection. Systemic yeast is now being associated with a variety of conditions ranging from mental disorders, deranged immune system, food intolerance, gastric upsets, premenstrual tension, infertility, ovarian failure, sexual function difficulties and fatigue. It can manifest with a multitude of symptoms including constipation, diarrhea, colitis, headaches, bad breath, mood swings, canker sores, muscle and joint pain, congestion, severe itching, PMS, fatigue, kidney or bladder infections to name a few. It is estimated that 30% of the population suffer from health issues directly related to yeast. In fact, the majority of people who have Candida do not realize they have it until become seriously ill.
If you think you might have candida, or would like to find out if you do, take this simple self-scoring Candida Questionnaire located at http://www.soulhealer.com/yeast.htm. If you score over 140 points on this test, you might want to follow the Recommendations for Wellness listed below to begin down the road of better health.
Recommendations For Wellness.
1. Avoid all yeast containing foods: Yeast breads, fermented beverages (beer, wine, brandy, scotch, etc.) moldy cheeses, fermented vinegars, salad dressing, peanuts, biscuits, canned citrus fruit juices, cake mix, ice cream, all dried fruit, oranges, pickles, tomato sauce, sugars, yeast powder, processed and smoked meats, malt products, barbecue sauce, olives, mayonnaise, chili peppers.
2. Avoid all refined carbohydrates, artificial sweeteners, hidden sugars such as those found in soft drinks, pastries, canned fruits and vegetables.
3. Rotate between at least 3 different anti-fungal herbs every 4 days to kill the candida yeast in the intestinal tract. These herbs can include Garlic, Caprylic Acid and Pau d’ Arco (Taheebo tea).
4. Supplement with Lactobacillus Acidophilus or Bifidophilus daily. This helps to reintroduce the good bacteria back into the intestinal tract.
5. Take 1 tablespoon of Flax seed or olive oil daily to improve healing and prevent the fungus from destroying cells.
6. Incorporate Echinacea to help strengthen the immune system.
7. Multivitamin & mineral complex with vitamin A to provide all the nutrients needed for proper immune function and for repair of intestinal lining. Try to select a vitamin complex that includes zinc.
8. Treat any skin yeast or fungal infection with tea tree oil.
Dr. Rita Louise of Body, Mind & SoulHealer helps people rediscover their wholeness, working with individuals on physical, emotional and spiritual levels. The author of the book entitled “The Power Within” and editor or the SoulHealer newsletter, Dr. Louise is a Naturopath, Medical Intuitive, Clairvoyant, Vibrational Healer, teacher and Lecturer.