Just as your body regulates your temperature to an optimal 98.6°, it also regulates your pH balance, keeping it just slightly alkaline to be healthy. The problem is that most of the foods we eat tend to be highly acidic, which can easily throw our pH balance out of whack.
To restore the balance, the body then leeches important minerals like phosphorous, magnesium, and calcium from your bones and organs into the blood. Obviously, this process is not ideal. Keeping your diet in pH zen is, therefore, a great idea — but it also has its limits. There are those, for example, who believe that controlling the acidity of the body is the single best way to stop cancer in its tracks. Unfortunately, research has yet to confirm this. In fact, many health organizations report that changing (or trying to change) the pH balance of your body has zero effect whatsoever on cancer.
We return then to the leeching of minerals. Although, stopping this process won’t cure cancer, it will strengthen bones, prevent blood pressure swings, and slow the development of kidney stones.
Naturalon has compiled a list of Top 5 Most Acid Forming Foods to Avoid:
- 1. Sugar
- 2. Alcohol
- 3. Excessive consumption of red meat
- 4. Processed foods
- 5. Grains
And the Top 5 Alkaline Forming Foods That You Should Eat More of Are:
- Dark leafy greens such as spinach, broccoli, and mustard greens.
- Raw, organic apple cider vinegar. Mix one tablespoon in water and drink this every morning.
- Fruits such as berries, bananas, grapes, pears, peaches, and lemons.
- Root vegetables like carrots, rutabagas, beets, and turnips.
- Garlic. Two cloves a day.