“Ask your body what it needs and know when it’s satisfied,” says Jessica Koslow, the chef-owner of the wildly popular Sqirl restaurant in Los Angeles.
If you’re a frequent reader of our blog, you know that we absolutely love turmeric. Scientists are quickly discovering that it may be the most potent, powerful, and healing herb on the planet. This Turmeric Tonic from one of Los Angeles’s most admired chefs is spot-on.
- 6 cloves
- 2 cups organic, no sugar added apple juice
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the cloves on a baking sheet, and bake for 5-7 minutes to release essential oils. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, warm the apple juice over medium-high heat.
- Add the cloves and ground spices to the juice and let come to a boil. Once boiling, turn the heat to low and let the mixture steep for 5 minutes.
- Strain out the spices before serving.