As a Cleanser, I can say that I’m missing ketchup right now. In fact, I’m missing it so much, I even went on a search for a raw ketchup recipe. I found one. I’ve put it below, but while typing this up, I realized — ketchup sucks without fries. And of course, you can’t have fries on the Full Body Cleanse.
Alas, if there’s a will there’s a way. Below you’ll find two recipes. The first is a modified version of Don’t Mess With Mama’s Ketchup Recipe and the second is an all-raw Jicama Fries recipe from the Earth Diet.
PS. The Earth Diet Recipe calls for a dehydrator. If you don’t have one, this post will explain how to conscript your oven to do the dirty work. The three biggest tips are: set your oven to its lowest setting, leave the door open a crack, and dehydrate for 1/4th the time you would in an actual dehydrator.
- 6 oz sun dried tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. grade b maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp. Himalayan pink salt
- 1/8 tsp. paprika
- 1/8 tsp. onion powder
- 1/8 tsp. clove
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
Raw Jicama Fries Recipe
- 1 jicama
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil or olive oil
- 2 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder or fresh diced
- 1 dash lemon juice (1/4 lemon)
- 1 dash Sea Salt
For the Ketchup
- Mix all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Combine well. Pour into a glass Mason jar (leave at least 1-2 inches from the top free for air). Seal tightly with a lid and let sit for 2-3 days at room temperature. Use as needed and store in the refrigerator.
- Mix all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Combine well.
- Pour into a glass Mason jar (leave at least 1-2 inches from the top free for air). Seal tightly with a lid and let sit for 2-3 days at room temperature.
For the Fries
- Use as needed and store in the refrigerator.
- 1. Slice the jicama like fries.
- 2. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and then add the jicama to coat them in the spice.
- 3. Dehydrate at 110° till desired chewiness, about 2-8 hours, which works out to ≈30-120 minutes in an oven.