Who said Cleansing had to be boring? This pumpkin pie recipe from Pop Sugar combines nuts and seeds for the crust with a rich, flavorful, all raw pumpkin pie filling. It’s easy to make, saves you an oven, and tastes great. Best of all it’s 100% Full Body Cleanse Approved. D-lightful!
- 1/2 c raw almonds
- 1/2 c raw cashews
- 3/4 c dates (about 18 small), pitted
- 1/2 c raisins
- 1/4 c raw, unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 small pie pumpkin (4 cups), peeled and seeded
- 10 dates, pitted
- 1 medium banana
- 1/4 c unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/4 c raw, unsweetened, shredded coconut, for topping
- Get out a 9-inch pie pan, and set aside.
- Place crust ingredients into a food processor, and process until you see a crumbly mixture form, about 1 minute.
- Pour the "dough" into the pie pan, and use your fingers to gently press it into the pan firmly, all the way up the sides of the pan. Place it in the fridge.
- To make the filling, pour the rest of the ingredients (except the coconut topping) into a blender. Turn it on until a smooth mixture forms, a couple of minutes.
- Take the pie shell out of the fridge, pour the filling in, sprinkle with shredded coconut, and chill for a few hours in the fridge.
- Watch as your family loses its mind to the deliciousness.