Quinoa is one the world’s most popular health foods because it is high in protein and gluten-free. Not many plant-based foods have that quality! Not only does it contain all nine essential amino acids, but it is also rich in B-vitamins, iron, fiber, vitamin E, potassium, and calcium.
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 15m
- Total Time: 20m
- 1 1/2 c quinoa
- 2 c filtered water
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 c spinach, rinsed
- 2 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the quinoa and water to a medium or large saucepan. Cook as directed, which typically is 15 minutes. Alternatively, you can cook the quinoa in the rice cooker, but this may require a different amount of water.
- While the quinoa is cooking, warm the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the garlic, mushrooms, spinach, soy sauce, and garlic powder and sauté for about 3-4 minutes, tossing frequently.
- Spoon the cooked quinoa into the pan of veggies and cook until all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Season with sea salt and pepper and serve immediately.