This creamy zucchini soup is about to be on rotation in your kitchen. It’s so easy to make because there are only three ingredients! Forget the long recipe lists that have a dash of this and pinch of that. This recipe focuses on the real foods, highlighting their inherent flavors. That can help put your mind at ease when it comes to being in the kitchen. Too much craziness can create more stress, and you don’t want that, especially if you’ve had a hectic week. Making dinner should be an easy, fun experience, and that’s exactly what this recipe is for.
For this soup, the ingredients are as follows: zucchini, cashews, and vegetable stock. Well, there is the additional combo of sea salt and pepper, but those are par for the course on any savory recipe. They are the foundational seasonings that every chef needs in the kitchen. When you purchase the vegetable stock, make sure that it is a low-sodium variety. You can easily exceed the recommended daily intake of sodium if you get the regular variety. Stick to low-sodium, especially if you are concerned about blood pressure.
Finally, the soup should be smooth and creamy. Keep in mind that older cashews take longer to cook, so cook them for an extra 10 minutes to ensure optimum silkiness. Use a good blender as well. A high-speed blender is the way to go.
- Prep Time:5m
- Cook Time:25m
- Total Time:30m
- 1 c raw cashews
- 3 1/2 c low-sodium vegetable stock
- 2 lbs zucchini, peeled and roughly chopped
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of black pepper
- Add all of the ingredients to a large pot over medium heat. Allow the liquid to come to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for 20-30 minutes uncovered. Make sure the cashews are tender and can easily break between your fingers.
- Remove from heat and carefully transfer the soup to a large blender. Blend on high until smooth and creamy. Taste and add more sea salt or pepper as needed.
- Pour in serving bowls and enjoy.