All the best flavors of the holidays are in every bite of this healthy, vegan Thanksgiving recipe. The Garlic Dill Sauce really ties all the flavors together. Try to resist snacking on the roasted chickpeas because they are delightful by themselves. If you decide to keep these leftovers, they are best eaten within 3 days after making this meal.
For the Sweet Potatoes
- 2 large organic sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- optional: pinch cayenne pepper
For the Chickpeas
- 16 oz can organic chickpeas, rinsed, drained and thoroughly dried in a towel
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- scant 1/2 tsp sea salt
For Garlic Dill Sauce
- 1/4 c tahini
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3/4 tsp. dried dill
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Water to thin the sauce
- 4 Garlic Herb Flatbreads (or store-bought flatbreads or pita)
- Toasted sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds
- Dried cranberries, chopped
- Fresh arugula
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Thoroughly wash and dry sweet potatoes, then slice (skin on) into bite-sized pieces.
- Add to a mixing bowl with olive oil, thyme, cinnamon, sea salt, and cayenne (optional). Toss to coat, then arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- To the same mixing bowl, add rinsed, dried chickpeas, and olive oil, thyme, cinnamon, cumin, paprika, and sea salt.
- Toss to coat, then arrange on baking sheet with sweet potatoes where space permits. (Depending on size of baking sheet, you may need to use a second to accommodate all potatoes and chickpeas).
- Bake for a total of 25 minutes, flipping/stirring once at the 15-minute mark to ensure even cooking. You'll know they're done when the potatoes are fork tender, and the chickpeas are golden brown, dehydrated, and slightly crispy. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In the meantime, prepare toppings and dressing (if using). Mix all the Garlic Dill Sauce ingredients together in a small bowl until it is the consistency you want.
- Once potatoes and chickpeas are finished baking, wrap flatbreads in a damp towel and warm in the still warm oven for 1-2 minutes to soften and make more pliable.
- To assemble, top each wrap with a portion of sweet potatoes and chickpeas. Add desired toppings, such as dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds, arugula, and Garlic Dill Sauce.