In addition to being one of the tastiest dips in existence, guacamole is incredibly nutritious. It contains essential nutrients like magnesium, fiber, potassium, omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, and powerful antioxidants. The omega-3s and antioxidants work to support cardiovascular system function, decreasing the risk of cardiovascular-related illnesses. While there are recipes that include mango, tomato, yogurt, jalapeños, and more, there aren’t many that include a sneaky dose of veggies. That’s why we want to share this recipe with you!
Adding a veggie boost to your guacamole supercharges it with more nutrients and anti-inflammatory properties. How do you get a super dose of greens? It’s very simple: you include Dherbs’ Vegan Green Powder Mix in the dip. Our signature superfood blend is rich in vitamins and minerals, works to boost energy levels, and helps maintain healthy oxygenation throughout the body. By feeding the body ingredients like alfalfa leaf, barley grass, moringa leaf, nettle leaf, spinach, and spirulina, you can help balance pH levels and assist in weight loss. Because the ingredients in the Green Powder Mix are all green, it naturally contains a lot of chlorophyll. Helping to neutralize free radicals, chlorophyll is a powerful compound that we need to survive. Without it, plants could not produce oxygen for us to breathe!
Adding the Green Powder Mix to a dip like guacamole is a great way to give yourself a nutritional boost. It may alter the taste of the dip, but new flavors aren not always a bad thing. Should you desire a little heat or extra zest, feel free to add diced jalapeño and freshly squeezed lime juice. Much like the Green Powder Mix, lime juice also works to balance pH levels in the body. If you modify the dip in any way, please let us know what you add!
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
- 3 avocados, peeled, pitted and mashed
- 1/4 c red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. Dherbs Vegan Green Powder Mix
- sea salt, to taste
- juice from 1/2 lime (optional)
- Add the avocados to a medium bowl and mash until they are a consistency that you enjoy. Some people prefer a chunkier guacamole, while others enjoy one that is more mashed.
- Mix in the onion, garlic, and Vegan Green Powder Mix. Taste and season with a pinch or so of sea salt.
- You can add the juice of 1/2 lime and some freshly chopped cilantro if you wish.
- Serve with raw celery sticks or chopped bell pepper.