This is a great spread to either dip some fresh veggies in for a snack, or to dress your zucchini noodles in for a filling raw dinner. If you’re a real pesto fanatic, you may enjoy just taking a spoon to this and calling it a night!
- Prep Time: 5m
- Total Time: 5m
- 5 oz raw cashews (soaked for at least four hours)
- 1/2 c warm water
- 1/2 c fresh basil, packed
- 1 3/4 oz nutritional yeast flakes
- 3 -4 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- pinch of sea salt
- Place the soaked and drained cashews in a blender and pulse until you have a fine meal that looks like parmesan cheese.
- Little by little, add the water while blending until you get a creamy mixture.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until you get a thicker paste.
- Enjoy with some zucchini noodles or as a healthy dip.