Our lives are hectic and we’ve taken to bottling, canning, boxing and vacu-packing all of our foods for convenience, a way to fill up on the fly, and it’s only human that we make this trade-off. But we don’t have to compromise on health, nutrition, or good eating just because we’ve got pressing things to do. Smoothies are one of the best ways to get your daily dose of essential vitamins and minerals.
- Prep Time:5m
- Total Time:5m
- 1/2 c distilled water
- 1/2 c raw unsalted cashews
- 1 c torn-up curly green kale leaves, stalk removed
- 2 ripe fresh bananas
- 1/4 c pitted unsulfured dates, soaked (see note) or 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1/2 tsp. alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 2 c ice cubes
- 1/2 tsp. minced ginger, (optional)
- Put all of the ingredients into your blender in the order listed and puree for about a minute, until smooth and creamy. Tweak flavors to taste (you may like a bit more kale, agave, or ginger).
- Note: With a conventional blender, you’ll get the smoothest consistency if you use agave or chop the dates finely.