From the tangy citrus notes and acidity of the tomato and lemon to the subtle sweetness of the dates, this dressing will make you fall in love with salad all over again. It may just be your new go-to dressing. This recipe is for people who have an affinity for Thousand Island dressing, which is notoriously unhealthy. Despite the fact that it contains dairy, processed ingredients, fats, and hydrogenated oils, it’s such a popular condiment. We can only hope that this raw rendition, and much healthier take on Thousand Island, sheds a little light on what you can create with raw foods. If it’s not love at first bite, let us know in the comments.
- Prep Time:5m
- Total Time:5m
- 3 large Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 c cauliflower florets
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 5 dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 c filtered water
- 2 tbsp. celery, finely diced
- 1 tbsp. red onion, finely diced
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. It will be thick so you can add a little more water to achieve your desired consistency.
- Dress your salad with the desired amount of dressing. Store the remaining amount in a glass jar in a fridge for up to three days.