There’s a lot that you can say about the perfect green smoothie. It’s not too sweet, but it has a perfect ratio of fruits to vegetables that makes it sweet enough. You don’t want to be drinking lawn clippings, after all. That’s why we love this smoothie, which contains kale, banana, apple, celery, freshly squeezed orange juice, and parsley. These ingredients contain an assortment of beneficial nutrients, helping you fulfill a portion of your recommended daily intake of essential vitamins and minerals.
You may notice that a lot of these ingredients, aside from the banana, are commonly seen in juice recipes. That doesn’t make them exclusive to the world of juicing, though. We actually prefer smoothies to juices, specifically for the reason that you use less ingredients, and you get the fiber in a smoothie. This makes it more filling, which only benefits you during your cleanse. The last thing you want is to feel like your stomach is empty after finishing a smoothie. If you don’t feel full after gulping this clean green smoothie down, let us know in the comments. We’ll suggest a few other recipes or add-ins that help to fill you up.
Quick Note: Although it may alter the flavor, you can always add some raw almonds or raw almond butter to the smoothie for extra protein and fats. You’ll feel full in no time!
- Prep Time:5m
- Total Time:5m
- Serves: 2 serving
- Category: Full Body Cleanse Approved, Smoothies & Juices, Raw, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 1 banana, peeled and frozen overnight
- 2 c kale, thick stems removed
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 bunch of parsley
- 1 c freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3 c filtered water
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into a cup and drink it all up! It serves two, but one hungry cleanser can drink it all without a problem.