Mac and cheese is typically loaded with carbs and is almost guaranteed going to cause some digestive discomfort. This raw take on mac and cheese uses zucchini noodles and a delicious, cashew cheese sauce.
- Prep Time: 15m
- Total Time: 15m
- 4 zucchini, peeled and spiralized
- 1 c raw cashews, soaked 6+ hours in water, drained & rinsed
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, chopped into chunks
- 1/4 c nutritional yeast (add more if you want a cheesier flavor)
- 1/2 tsp. smoked chili chipotle ground powder
- 1/4 c filtered water
- 1 tbsp. coconut amino’s
- juice of 1 lemon
- chili flakes (optional)
- Rinse the spiralized zucchini noodles and set aside.
- Blend all of the other ingredients in a blender on high until you get a creamy consistency. Note: add the water in slowly as you are blending the raw cheese.
- Place the amount of noodles you want to eat in a bowl and pour the sauce over the noodles. Sprinkle on the chili flakes for an extra kick.