There are so many variations of rice pudding, which is a classic dessert that is both dairy-free and gluten-free. Many regions around the world have their own take on this creamy dessert. Rice pudding, however, can also be enjoyed for breakfast. You can make it ahead so that all you have to do is pull it out of the fridge when you are ready to eat breakfast.
- Prep Time:5m
- Cook Time:30m
- Total Time:35m
- 1 1/2 c jasmine rice
- 1/3 c coconut sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, seeded and scraped
- 7 c unsweetened almond milk
- pinch of sea salt
- mixed berries (for topping)
- Start by rinsing the rice with cold water. Add the rice to a medium saucepan along with the coconut sugar, vanilla bean and pod, sea salt, and 1 cup of almond milk.
- Place the saucepan over low heat, and stir occasionally until the milk is absorbed (about 5 minutes). Gradually add 5 more cups of almond milk, about 1/2 cup at a time. Let the milk absorb before adding more.
- After 25 minutes, the rice pudding will be thick and creamy.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the last cup of almond milk. Remove the vanilla bean and spoon the rice pudding into a pretty glass. Garnish with fresh berries.