- 1 1/2 c rice (sushi rice, jasmine, basmati are really good in pudding)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, seeded and scraped
- 7 cups Almond Breeze, vanilla or unsweetened
- pinch of sea salt
- Start by rinsing the rice with water. Add rice to a medium saucepan. Add sugar, vanilla bean and pod, salt, and 1 cup of almond milk.
- Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the milk is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Gradually add 5 more cups of almond milk, about 1/2 cup at a time. Let the milk absorb before adding more.
- After 25 minutes, the rice pudding will be thick and creamy.
- Let cool, and stir in the last cup of milk. Remove vanilla bean and spoon into a pretty glass. Garnish with fresh berries, or a spoonful of preserves.
You can always substitute the rice for quinoa. It would be a really healthy and protein filled breakfast that way.