The greatest thing about this soup, aside from the powerful anti-inflammatory properties, is that you just add all of the ingredients to a slow cooker and let the magic happen. Add all of the ingredients to the slow cooker in the morning and dinner will be waiting for you when you get home. It’s that simple!
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 3h
- Total Time: 3h 15m
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 c of leeks, chopped
- 2 tbsp. ginger root, freshly grated
- 8 c broccoli florets
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 6 c low-sodium vegetable stock
- Warm the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the leeks and cook for about 8 minutes or so, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the leeks to a five or six-quart slow cooker and then add the remaining ingredients. Give everything a good mix before you cover it. Cook on low for about three or four hours.
- Once the soup is finished cooking, you can either use an immersion blender to blend everything inside the slow cooker, or you can pour everything into a large blender and blend until smooth.
- Once you have blended everything, serve and enjoy.
- Leftover soup will keep fresh in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days.