The crisp textures and sweet and sour flavors make this incredibly colorful salad a perfect way to get a wide variety of antioxidants. Always remember that it is integral to eat a variety of colors to absorb essential nutrients!
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
For the Salad
- 6 rainbow chard leaves, sliced and thick stems removed
- 1/4 c red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 c carrot, chopped
- 1/4 c red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c raw cashews, chopped
For the Dressing
- juice of 1 medium lemon
- juice of 1/2 an orange
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. raw apple cider vinegar
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Add all of the salad ingredients to a large salad bowl and mix well. Set aside while you make the dressing.
- Whisk all of the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss well. Place the salad in the fridge for about 20 minutes to let the ingredients soak up the dressing.
- Remove from the fridge and enjoy!