Okay. Drop. Everything.
I just saw this picture from Pinch of yum and I absolutely want to make this Coconut Curry Soup. Like, I want to leave work and make it. Right meow. Unfortunately, I’m Cleansing, which means I can’t cook or heat everything, which, on day four, is becoming something of a drag. I wish for the warming goodness of autumn stews.
The thing about the 20 Day Full Body Cleanse, though, is it’s not supposed to be easy. If it was easy, we’d eat raw fruits and vegetables all the time and we’d all look 15 years younger. The Full Body Cleanse is hard because eating healthy is hard, especially these days with so many sodium-laden, saturated fat concoctions to tempt us. This recipe, need to tempt you. This recipe is pure mouthgasm.
After you cook it, take a slurp for me and for all of us in the Dherbs Nations who are Cleansing right now. Oh! And if you do make this recipe, be sure to share it on your instagram and tag us @dherbs.
- Cook Time: 30m
- Total Time: 30m
- Yield: 8 cups of soup
- Category: Soups & Stews
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 knob of ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tbsp. red curry paste
- 1 tbsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. Maple Syrup (or sugar, if you absolutely must)
- 12 baby yukon potatoes
- 1 can of coconut coconut milk
- 3 c vegetable broth
- anything you have for fresh veggie toppings! see notes
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, and ginger, and stir fry for a few minutes until fragrant. Don\'t let the garlic burn or brown.
- Add the curry paste, turmeric, salt, and sugar.
- Stir fry for another few minutes.
- Add the potatoes, coconut milk, and broth.
- Simmer until the potatoes are soft.
- Allow to cool slightly (I can never wait very long...) then transfer to a blender and puree until smooth and silky.
- The soup should be rich and thick so that it coats the back of a spoon.
- Add in more water or broth (I think I ended up adding about 2-3 cups) to thin out the soup as needed.
- Top each serving of soup with fresh veggie toppings and enjoy your luscious salad-meets-soup combo.