If you take a bite of this salad and don’t immediately want to share it with your friends, we need to have a private conversation because this is deliciousness in its purest form. The tartness of the dressing is beautifully complemented by the sweetness of the apple slices. Add peppery arugula and earthy walnuts to the mix and each bite is better than the next.
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
For the Salad
- 2 heads frisee, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 4 c arugula
- 1 c raw walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 Fuji or Honeycrisp apples, cut into thin matchsticks or small cubes
For the Dressing
- 1/4 c tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. raw walnuts, lightly chopped
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. plus a pinch salt
- pinch of cumin
- pinch of curry powder
- 1/2 c extra virgin olive oil
- Add all of the ingredients to a a bowl and whisk until combined. You can also add everything to a blender and pulse if you don't want to whisk by hand.
- Set the dressing aside while you make the salad. Whatever you don\'t use can be stored in an airtight jar in the fridge for about a week.
- Add all of the ingredients to a large salad bowl. Drizzle your desired amount of dressing onto the salad and toss to coat all of the ingredients in the dressing.
- Serve into separate bowls and enjoy.