We need to address something right out of the gate. The picture contains chocolate chips, but those are not cleanse-approved, which is why this recipe calls for raw cacao nibs in place of those chocolate chips. With the sweet and tart combinations of the apples and caramel sauce, the cacao nibs provide a slightly bitter, chocolaty undertone that creates a perfectly balanced bite.
- Prep Time:15m
- Total Time:15m
- Serves: 4 servings
- Category: Full Body Cleanse Approved, Desserts, Raw, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
For the Caramel
- 2 c loosely packed Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 c + 2 tbsp water
- 2 tsp. alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tbsp. grade A maple syrup
For the Nachos
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 c raw almond, roughly chopped
- 1/4 c raw walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp. raw cacao nibs
- 2 tbsp. raw sunflower seed butter (optional)
For The Raw Caramel
- Add the dates to a food processor and pulse until broken up into small pieces. Add the water, vanilla and cinnamon and blend until smooth. This may take up to 7-8 minutes, scraping down the sides of the food processor as needed.
- Once you've achieved a smooth consistency, add the sea salt and maple syrup and blend until completely combined. Spoon into a bowl and set aside while you prep the nachos.
For The Apple Nachos
- Arrange the apple slices in one or two layers around the plate.
- Drizzle the raw caramel over the apples and top with chopped almonds, walnuts, raw cacao nibs, and the optional sunflower seed butter.
- If you feel like being the spice master, throw a few dashes of cinnamon and allspice on top of your dessert nachos. We hope you like them!