While these energy balls may not be grandma’s apple pie, they sure taste delicious! It’s as if someone concentrated the best flavor combinations of apple pie into this healthy mixture. You know what sets this recipe apart from the next? It’s the hint of lemon zest. That bright, zesty flavor somehow ties everything together. You have the classic cinnamon flavor, but that lemon zest brings this recipe home.
These energy balls are the perfect snacks during your cleanse. We actually recommend that people consume them between meals, or before and after exercise. They contain healthy proteins and fats that help fuel the body. Additionally, the high fiber content aids with optimal digestion, and it helps to keep you feeling full. This is highly important when you eat a raw vegan diet. A filling snack is one of the keys to cleansing success, so snack away with this recipe.
- Prep Time:15m
- Total Time:15m
- 1 c raw almonds
- 1/2 c raw pecans
- 1/2 c dates, pitted
- 3 oz dried apple slices (without sulfur)
- 1/3 c raisins
- 1 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. fresh lemon zest
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- Add the almonds and pecans to a food processor and blend until evenly chopped. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
- Add the dates, dried apples, raisins, lemon zest, cinnamon, and sea salt to the processor and blend until you get a clumpy mixture.
- Pour the chopped nuts back into the processor and continue blending until everything is combined.
- Form the mixture into bite-size balls and place them in airtight containers that are lined with parchment paper to avoid sticking. Refrigerate for 30 minutes so they can set.
- These will keep fresh for a couple weeks if you store them in the refrigerator. Enjoy!